Strings | Chapter 1 | The Boy On The Bus

décembre 19, 2017


The Boy On The Bus
I have an ability. I see strings, they connect people. One heart to the other. And the people they connect? They’re soulmates.
Sounds crazy, right? Trust me, I know. But I’ve seen it happen countless times, soulmates meeting for the first time. It would amaze you how many people meet their soul mates everyday.
On one such day I’m sitting on the school bus readying myself for yet another mind numbing day of school (oh joy). Already today I’ve seen two people meet their respective soulmates. At this rate I’ll have a new record. Yeah, I keep track, it’s a bit weird but hey, normalcy is overrated.
The bus comes to a halt and a few people get on. One person has a string connecting them to someone on the bus. It’s kind of weird to think about, and I don’t think many people realize it, but a lot of them meet their soulmates in high school.
The bus doors are closing and we begin to move down the street again when a flicker catches my attention. I turn to see a boy running towards the bus, waving his arms. I stand up and point him out to the bus driver. The driver stop the bus and I sit back down.
I notice he has a string connecting him to someone in the bus as he runs on and thanks the bus driver. I start looking around to see who but I can’t find them. The boy nods at me as he moves through the aisle.
My heart skips a beat.
My blood runs cold.
A shiver runs down my spine.
And I am paralyzed.
The boys’ string, is connected to me.

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires

Popular Stories

Like us on Facebook

Leave us a Comment